TRAVAGLIATO (BRESCIA), ITALY – February 17, 2022 – Antares Vision Group (BIT:AV) (“AVG”), a leading global provider of hardware and software track-and-trace solutions and one of the major players in inspection systems and smart data management, today announced the completion of the acquisition of ACSIS, a leader in supply-chain-visibility software for edge ecosystems. The acquisition was completed through Antares Vision Group’s wholly owned subsidiary, rfxcel.
Founded in 1996, ACSIS has been at the forefront of the evolving supply-chain technology market for over 25 years. Leveraging deep domain expertise in IoT and edge-device data collection, serialization, and Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence, ACSIS provides a cloud-based supply-chain-visibility platform. The company’s platform enables global enterprises to meet data collection requirements for track-and-trace and to optimize inventory throughout the extended supply-chain, while delivering analytics via real-time integration with edge assets and core ERP systems. ACSIS has been providing software and services to Fortune 1000 companies with some of the most complex and highly regulated supply-chains in the world for over 25 years. ACSIS has had very strong retention among its top-10 customers, which include DuPont, Cintas, BIMBO, Hershey, and Coca-Cola. AVG will retain ACSIS’ highly experienced and proven executive team.
“The ACSIS acquisition will further strengthen our unique end-to-end solution for the digital supply chain,” rfxcel CEO Glenn Abood said. “It will provide new customers and allow us to enter into new industry verticals, as well as into the relevant returnable asset management market, extending our presence in the United States.”
Emidio Zorzella, AVG Chairman and Co-CEO, commented: “This acquisition will allow us to enter a new multi-billion-dollar market – Returnable Asset Management, enabling the upstream integration of our end-to-end digital solution, expanding our presence into new industry verticals and enlarging our customer base with large-scale Fortune 1000 recognized companies.”
ACSIS CEO Jeremy Coote noted the acquisition brought together industry-leading organizations and technologies. “For more than twenty years our incredibly talented team has been at the forefront of creating some of the most sophisticated supply-chain-visibility solutions for manufacturing companies around the world. The combination of Antares Vision Group’s world-class talent with ACSIS technology, domain expertise and commitment to innovating supply-chain ecosystems will help ensure our success in an increasingly competitive industry.”
In 2019, ACSIS launched the ACSIS Cloud, a next-generation cloud-based supply-chain-visibility platform that spans data collection to business process to real-time analytics, and uniquely enables private supply-chain edge ecosystems. The ACSIS Cloud addresses major emerging supply-chain challenges, including:
- Product Traceability: item-level tracking using serialization, barcode, RFID and other sensors/IoT devices; edge data collection; visibility across multi-partner ecosystems to ensure regulatory compliance; improved public safety and sustainability of supply-chains.
- Returnable Asset Management: returnable transport item (RTI) tracking across the extended supply-chain in real-time to deliver accurate inventory status, ensure compliance and efficiency, control shrinkage and ensure proper maintenance and inspection of RTIs, and predict demand to support improved planning and customer service.
- Partner Collaboration: integration with partners across operating ecosystems; real-time supply-chain and production visibility; more transparent and agile supply-chains; common enterprise standards, consistent serialization data and uniform product labeling.
The acquisition of ACSIS represents an important opportunity for AVG as it:
- Integrates ACSIS products into AVG’s current product suite and simultaneously provides upsell opportunities for AVG products to ACSIS’ customers.
- Provides a “beachhead” into the chemicals, manufacturing and food & beverage vertical markets, including long-term relationships with large-scale and internationally recognized Fortune 1000 companies.
- Enables AVG to enter the multi-billion-dollar Returnable Asset Management market.
- Adds a strong base of profitable recurring revenue.
Fairmount Partners, a leading middle-market investment bank in the technology industry, served as the exclusive financial advisor to ACSIS on the transaction.
About Antares Vision Group
Antares Vision Group is a global technology partner in digitalization and innovation for enterprises and institutions, guaranteeing the safety of products and people, business competitiveness, and environmental protection. AVG provides a unique and comprehensive ecosystem of technologies to guarantee product quality (inspection systems and equipment) and end-to-end product traceability (from raw materials to production from distribution to the consumer), with integrated data, production and supply-chain management. For further information please visit www.antaresvision.com and www.antaresvisiongroup.com.
About Fairmount Partners
Fairmount Partners (www.fairmountpartners.com) is an independent merger and acquisition advisory firm focused on emerging growth and middle-market companies. Fairmount helps its clients complete mergers and acquisitions, raise funds for growth, acquisitions and liquidity, and design and improve their corporate development strategies. Fairmount’s clients include successful entrepreneurs, private equity-sponsored enterprises, and global public companies. Since 2003, Fairmount has completed more than 260 transactions, representing over $14 billion in aggregate value, in 21 countries throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. For further information, please contact: